7. Knicks, 2010: Jordan Hill over Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, Jrue Holiday, Jeff Teague, Eric Maynor, Darren Collison
This would have been understandable had the Knicks not desperately needed a point guard. Donnie Walsh, myself and the rest of the Knick fan base felt the same kick in the junk when Golden State grabbed Stephen Curry at the 7th pick. Jordan Hill was drafted at 8, booed, and traded 24 games later. Though he might turn out to be a serviceable 7th man playing 18 minutes a game, his ceiling reaches Ty Lawson's shoulders.
Wizards, 2001: Kwame Brown over Pau Gasol, Joe Johnson, Zach Randolph, Gerald Wallace, Tony Parker, Gilbert Arenas
Michael Jordan had never been arrested, but I can't help but think he might have drafted under the influence.
5. Bobcats, 2006: Adam Morrison over Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, Rajon Rondo
4. 2002: Mike Dunleavy Jr, Drew Gooden, Dajuan Wagner, Chris Wilcox over Amare Stoudemire
I would have loved to have heard the conversation that lead to, "Let's go with Wilcox".
3. Portland, 2007: Greg Oden over Kevin Durant
When you approach the draft with a "need over talent" mindset... you end up with Greg Oden and not Kevin Durant. Oden has played 82 career games, while Durant is on the verge MVP status and in position to compete for a championship for the next five-plus years.
2. Atlanta Hawks, 2006: Shelden Williams over Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, Rajon Rondo
Atlanta Hawks, 2005: Marvin Williams over Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Andrew Bynum
Atlanta Hawks, 2004: Josh Childress over Andre Iguadala, Luol Deng, Al Jefferson
C'mon. This just angers me, and I care more about the last bite of my turkey sandwich than I do about the Hawks. Imagine if Atlanta had been coherent during these drafts. They could have ended up with:
1. Detroit Pistons, 2003: Darko Milicic over Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh
Do you believe that while we look endlessly for work, struggle in our cubicles and intern for free, that there are executives and scouts payed millions to evaluate talent, only to decide that Darko Milicic is a better prospect that Melo, D-Wade and Chris Bosh? Because I don't.